Sunday, July 29, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Pulled in at my mom's place a hair before midnight; made it to Bennett & Leslie's about 12:20 or so. Unpacked the essentials, played a hand of Oh Hell (BGG) and I lost by one point to Daniel, and now we just need to acclimate the cat to the other three cats and the dog.

The drive took about twelve hours for a noodle over five hundred ten miles. I didn't count on A) the rain which stopped nearly the instant we hit the state line, B) Houston sucking twice: The first time was due to a closure of the I-10, and the second was a three-out-of-five-lane closure due to an accident. C) the truck was actually quite pleasant, just not really good to drive much over 65, so I forgot to guesstimate the travel time with the reduced speed.

It still hasn't quite hit me yet. I'm expecting to have to go away in a few days.

Tomorrow, decent coffee and Harry Potter 7 and schlepping more boxes. We might be able to get away with not needing a storage shed, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you ever play games on BSW?