Sunday, October 07, 2007

Night the second

We have moved into the mother-in-law's cottage! Now we are out of Bennett and Leslie's hair (sort of) and have our own 500-square-foot 340-square-foot space. Tomorrow, after an interview, I plan to start schelpping some of my fourteen-ish boxes of boardgames out of their living room and into the guest room.

One of the guiding principles of decluttering is to have two things go out for every one thing that comes in. Dollars to donuts, if you've got something you want to get rid of, someone on Craigslist or Freecycle will take it off your hands.

Today I threw away three spoons. We have a complete set of decent silverware, but these last three spoons came from an absolutely ancient set of flatware. Plus, they can't stand up to my hitherto unknown feats of strength, since they constantly bent under the simple pressure of my thumbs.

No comments: