Thursday, September 29, 2005

Don't Have to Live Like a Refugee

Yesterday was furniture day.

Thanks to our fine friends at the US Government, we now have:


  • A couch
  • A coffee table
  • Two chairs
  • A folding cafeteria-style table / desk


Laying on a couch was better than I can put into words. In the last month, I've sat on couches, reclined on them, even lounged upon them. But not until I got a chance to lie on my own couch under my own roof and attempt to snooze did I realize just how damn awesome life is, and how lucky we are, and how the little things truly do matter. The apartment is starting to come together and not have that flat, echoy sound that belongs to empty places.

Also, in other news, I turned on captchas- er, word verification, for comments on the off chance that a real live human wants to respond.

No comments: