Sunday, September 25, 2005

Frist Post!

Well, not really.

This is the first chronological post via Blogger, though I will shortly add previously emailed updates regarding our flight from New Orleans before Katrina. The effective epoch of this blog is about a month ago.

It's been about a month since I left my home in New Orleans. About a month since I got a call from my mom at 7:30 AM saying, "It's gotten worse. Get up, get packed, get out now." It's been a long strange trip, but not as bad as it could be, and certainly not as bad as it has been for others. I know I'm fortunate, but sitting in my new cookie-cutter apartment complex, where most of the furniture I see is cardboard boxes, it's not always easy.

I've been keeping up with a lot of the smaller creature comforts in order to maintain sanity- so has Cat. I can't get the chorus of the Tom Petty song out of my head some days. Curtains from Wal-Mart and Vietnamese curry means that we don't have to live like refugees. (Dont have to live like a refugee!)

But all in all, life is good- and it sure as hell beats the alternative.

No comments: