Monday, February 13, 2006

Car coincidence

Cat and I have been talking about a second car for a while. She'll definitely need one as part of her work and the commute has been [DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS], as you well know. Driving on Saturday en route to the shindig, we saw a car for sale that had caught Cat's eye. Actually, we had kept our eyes peeled for a decent runabout for her for the last several weeks. This time however, we have a candidate.

She's a 1962 Ford Fairlane. Original factory paint, sort of a blush cream color. Original chrome, original rims and shop manual, definitely shows signs of love. Her name is Abuela, as in the Spanish word for grandmother. Pictures will follow, I am sure.

Cat's already thinking about renaming the car "Lita." As in abuelita and Lita Ford. So we've got a linking name there. I've got a tie for the position of best car name ever. Sadly, I didn't come up with the name nor met the cars in question, but I'll steal the jokes shamelessly and pretend otherwise. Wait, I'm not supposed to tell you that part. Wait, I'm not supposed to forget to edit that out, either.

It's a toss-up between Vlad the Impala and The Hatchback of Notre Dame. Can you beat that?

No comments: