Tuesday, March 21, 2006

First Day at School

Work, really. It's really good to get back into some real geekery. I'm particularly looking forward to getting a Linux, Solaris, and a Windows box on my desk plus a snazzy twentysomething-inch LCD flat-panel.

First day was regular sort of first day things- set up voice mail, get a proxcard, introduce myself, get a high-level overview of the LANs and WAN I'll support, find out where they hide the dry-erase markers, introduce myself to the various machine in the server room, find the replacement packaging tape for the tape-gun, look at the freely available potables in the kitchen, and such like. They do have Diet Dr Pepper.

I even have a nice cube, as these things go. Eight-foot square, with five-foot actual walls and a door. Yes, a sliding door on a cubicle! Better yet, it's made out of whiteboard!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear that your first day of "real" work went well.

Judson said...

Dude. Solaris. Ew.