Saturday, March 18, 2006

Vocational News

The biggest news I can tell you relates to my job: I no longer work at Dell. I have accepted a position at a computer chip company named Xilinx (check out their entry in the Wikipedia for info) as a IT sysadmin, doing support and administration for Windows and Linux workstations in an enterprise environment- I start Tuesday. I'm really excited to be working at this level of geekery.

When I gave notice at Dell, everyone showed their support and wished me well. To a person, they were very gracious and understanding, which was pleasantly surprising. Some of my ex-coworkers pledged that they will throw an Xbox party and demand that I show up for some good old fashioned fragging, so we've got no bad blood between us.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled game geekery. Please check back later in the evening for updates.

No comments: