Sunday, June 18, 2006

Katrina is still with us

The mother of all aggregators for me, Google News, brought me to an item in the Times-Picayune about a recently found body out in New Orleans East. Here it is, nine months after Katrina, and forensic workers are still finding the dead, more than twenty since March. Just read the article and let it sink in.

As to hearing some good news, I recently found out that an old friend of mine from college has been located safely. Now, I know that I had said many times that everyone I know made it through the storm all right, but I was lying. There was one person who I didn't know if he had made it, but I hadn't wanted to jinx anything. Call me a superstitious old softie if you like. I've kept my eye on his name over on the National Center for Missing Adults page, which thankfully now has reassuring information. Faris, wherever you are, I'm glad you're safe.

No comments: