Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Terrorism

I hate to fly, I hate to fly, I hate to fly.

More accurately, I feel imposed-upon and dehumanized and presumed guilty. Also inconvenienced. I hate the new regime's idea of "security."

Bruce Schneier, who is much smarter about security than virtually anyone I have even heard of, argues that terrorists are getting what they want, since Asian men in leather jackets who look at their watches can now delay planes for three hours because of scared white people.

Are you scared? I'm not, and neither should you. Be aggravated and get angry! Keep your civil rights and your pens (I swear I am not making this up)!

After banning liquids, what's next? Banning food?

It's the belt and shoes for me. We are still (mostly) free citizens, not prisoners. I saw a joke somewhere: "Nudist Airlines. Take it off, or we're not taking off."

1 comment:

Ken said...

Amen, brother (or I guess Ia, Shub-Niggurath would be more appropriate from me...). We (the country...not you and me) are Letting The Terrorists Win. Bruce Schneier indeed nailed it, and for a funny version, check out Kung Fu Monkey's Wait, Aren't You Scared? Short answer: Errr, no. And if you are, you frankly should be a little goddam embarrassed.

And SO sorry for missing you this year at DC, dude! Frack! Andy and I actually didn't even SEE the gaming area, despite rooming at the Hilton. We were out and about and spent WAY too much time on the Hyatt smoking deck (though much fun was indeed had there). But we missed our Mischa!

Ah well...there's always next year. Plus, now that I've rediscovered your blog, I'll be a more regular commenter...I swear. On a stack of noodly appendages.