Saturday, October 22, 2005

The food, I miss

Yesterday for lunch, I had a roast beef poboy, dressed. For dinner, the other half of it. I tried a poboy place in Austin, but their poboys looked wrong, as they were not on French bread. Heresy! I shudder to think when I'll next get a muffeletta.

Last night, I had beignets and cafe au lait at the Cafe du Monde on Vets. Oh my god, it was good. Their wonderful coffee and chicory blend, dunking powdered-sugar-covered fluffy greasy good old beignets... wearing a black shirt. I think it's some kind of cosmic law that one (read: ME!) must wear black whenever eating beignets.

As a suprise for Cat (Hi, honey!), I'm getting some whole bean Columbia Supremo coffee from PJ's, hence the net access.

Maybe I'll open a franchise.

1 comment:

Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

New Orleans has always had some of the most delicious food in the world!!! I haven't been to the city in years, but I know that I will return ... one day.