Saturday, October 29, 2005

Gaming is good

Every Friday night, a local game shop by the name of Great Hall Games has open gaming night. More than Monopoly and Yahtzee- More likely than not, you know the kinds of games I mean. Clever little German boardgames that play so well, and the American equivalents.

At any rate, Great Hall only had a three groups playing games- perhaps a dozen people playing Settlers of Catan, a fun resource-trading game to which I could devote an entire blog; one of the 18XX games, a railroad game; and some two-player Lord of the Rings card game. The owner told me that nearby a gaming convention had all the people. So I hopped into my car, drove another five minutes, and wound up at Millennium 8, a small local gaming con. It's primarily a miniature con, but there seemed to be plenty more going on.

I got into playtesting two different games by two different folks- both are local, so I forsee more gaming in my future. w00t!

No comments: