Friday, December 23, 2005

This one's for you, mom

Today I went to one of the weekly meetings of the Launch Pad Job Club, a local-to-Austin networking organization for job seekers. At the first meeting I went to, the organizer hosted a speaker who talked about various non-Meyers-Briggs personality types and how they work and communicate together. Naturally, I thought about applying this real-world semi-scientific data towards gaming, but the overall thrust of why different people communicate at different levels sunk in on a professional level.

Today, my second meeting, the organizer gave out door prizes for the holiday (I got peach jam) and had each of us introduce ourselves and state a company where we would like to have an in or a contact or a foot in the door. As it turns out, one member works for Apple, so I'll soon get in contact with her and see what happens.

I had an interview earlier this week with a non-profit organization for a part time teaching gig. Part time on the order of a couple hours per week; gig on the order of a couple three months. I think it went well, but I need a full time job.

If anyone knows someone in the Austin area who could use my IT, writing, communication, people and/or game design skills, drop me a line and I'll shoot you a copy of my resume.

No comments: