Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's a school night

My mom can't be the only one who ever called Sunday through Thursday evenings "school night." School night means you can't stay up late and you must be in bed on time to catch the bus in the morning.

Fast-forward twenty years or so, and it's a school night again. Cat's off to locksmith school tomorrow morning, bright and early, and I'm the bus. Some school supplies include construction paper, paste, or a protractor and a set of crayons. Cat's school supplies include a ball peen hammer and a wood chisel.

In other news today, two different people asked me the time within twenty minutes while I pondered the Austin job market at Mojo's today. Do people these days just not have watches? Almost thirty years after the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and I still think that digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

No comments: